Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients for Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 stick (8 Tbsp.) butter, cut into small pieces
4 to 5 Tbsp. ice water
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 2 c. cooked, mashed pumpkin
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. each ground cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, allspice, cloves and nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
2. Mix together flour, salt and sugar for pie crust, then cut butter into mixture and combine with hands, adding 1 Tbsp. water at a time, as needed, until dough is moist enough to hold together.
3. Roll dough into flat disk, then take a sharp knife and trim pastry to 1 1/2" wider than an upsidedown 9" pie pan. Gently ease the crust into the pie pan, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Add all pumpkin pie filling ingredients to a bowl; mix well.
5. Pour pie filling into the pie shell and bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.
Post Your Comment: